<b></b>
Sweet

<b></b>
Savoury

<b></b>
DIYs

Breakfast Cake

I've got a recipe that makes cake an acceptable option at breakfast and I call it the ever so elegant 'breakfast cake'. 



Give me a slice of this with a fresh pot of tea in the morning and I'm one happy girl!

All you need is...

225g Plain flour
2tsp Baking powder
2 Eggs
50g Unsalted butter, melted
175ml Milk (I used Semi-Skimmed)
100ml Honey
200g Berries (I used frozen but you can use regular or dried)
1tsp Cinnamon powder

The thing I love most about this recipe is how it only takes 3 steps. Preheat the oven to 200C. Throw all your dry ingredients together until blended well. In another bowl, lightly beat your eggs and then stir in your butter, milk and honey.

Next, add your egg mixture to your dry ingredients, you don't have to overwork it, its fine if its got a few lumps. 

Add your mixture into your baking tin and bake for 20-30 minutes and there you have it. Easy!


 Look at those beautiful reds, pinks and blues running throughout the cake! That's what you call natural beauty.



The berries gives the cake pockets of jam.


How you bake your cake is up to you. I went for the classic and doughnuts, but using a muffin tin would be perfect. 

Whats your favourite breakfast treat?
The most indulgent comment wins! 


--------------------------
Don't forget to follow me

2 comments

  1. I'll take any excuse to eat cake for breakfast ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thought you might Risa! Save me a seat ;)

      Delete

Back to Top