<b></b>
Sweet

<b></b>
Savoury

<b></b>
DIYs

Choccy dessert cups

 

As you probably know by the sheer amount of chocolate recipes I share, I absolutely L-O-V-E a bit of choccy! So when Cake Decor asked if I wanted to trial their Choco Writers I couldn't wait to get creative with them as there are so many things you can do with them.



To use them, all you've got to do is:

1. Boil the kettle, and put your chosen Choco Writers in a heat-proof container.

2. Fill your jug or bowl with the boiling water and leave them for a couple minutes to melt.

3. Once they've melted, unscrew the top and you're good to go! You can use them for all sorts. The most common technique is piping shapes and names onto acetate and leaving to cool.

But I wanted to do something slightly different and attempted chocolate cups. 

I covered my silicon cupcake cases with the melted the chocolate and left them to set in the fridge. 


Sadly they didn't turn out very well, most of them broke as the chocolate was too runny to set thickly. But when I left the chocolate to cool slightly, the chocolate wouldn't pipe through the small nozzle.

But hey we all have recipes that don't go to plan, don't we? I thought this post was still worth sharing even if it is just to make one of you laugh at my epic Pinterest fail!... Just look at these bloody chocolate cups? Haha!



I filled the cups with a white chocolate mouse and fresh blueberries. The filling was delicious but unfortunately the chocolate from the Choco Writers didn't taste very nice. It was very similar to cheap cooking chocolate.

We've all had recipes go wrong (I hope)
Share your experiences below i'd love to hear them!


--------------------------
Swing by for a natter!


Disclaimer note: I was given these Choco Writers for free to trial. I only posts opinions of my own organic approval.





2 comments

  1. Love the recipe. Actually my sister is going to get married in this wedding season and i want to surprise her on her bridal shower. I will try this yummy cupcake recipe on party. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha :) that sounds amazing! What flavours are you thinking of using? I'd love to know how they turn out X

      Delete

Back to Top