<b></b>
Sweet

<b></b>
Savoury

<b></b>
DIYs

Cheesy Garlic Salmon*


 
Now you may be sat their thinking cheese and salmon is an odd combination and I agree it is slightly strange but my creative juices have been flowing in all sorts of directions since I received my Maille Aioli sauce and took part in Maille's competition.




The competition was to create a dish using one or more of their complimentary products. I chose Maille's Alioi, their delicious creamy garlic mayonnaise that is best suited with seafood. I had a long think of what to create and after umming and ahhing, my Cheesy Garlic Salmon was born. 





 So lets begin, all you need is... (2 portions)

400g Salmon
60g Mozzarella
2 heaped tablespoons of Maille Aioli sauce
Pinch of salt 
Pinch of black pepper

Optional as a side; salad with 1/2 lemon for dressing, bread

 Method...

1). Preheat your oven to 200C, then take your salmon and cut it into your two portions. Once you've got your two pieces slice the middle of each to create a deep gap but not cut them in half, you want about it to be about 1cm deep depending on how thick your salmon is.




 2). Now slice up your mozzarella and fill your gap with the cheese. If you've got grated that's fine as well.



 3). Smother each of your salmon fillets with a tablespoon of Aioli, the smell is sensational if your a huge fan of garlic like me.



 4). Next crumble your mozzarella over the salmon to just finish it off. The more cheese the better in my books, but preference is everything.


 5). Sprinkle a pinch of salt and black pepper over both pieces of salmon and now you just need to wrap them tightly in tin foil making sure no juices can escape. I folded the left and right and then rolled the top and bottom into the middle (I hope this hasn't confused you!)



How fantastic is the colour of salmon? 





6). Now pop your parcels in the oven for 16-20 minutes.


  7). Once cooked, grab a sharp knife and carefully slice the side and see the magic that you've just created.



 8). All that's left is to dish up. I had mine with a side salad that was dressed with lemon juice and a couple slices of cheese and tomato flat-bread. It was delicious and super simple to rustle together.



9). It becomes super creamy and delicious from just adding a couple spoonfuls of Aioli and cheese on your fish and putting it all in the oven.











Look at that gorgeous cheese in the centre of the salmon

...and between me and you a couple slices of bread with this dish never hurt anyone. Its a real treat mopping up the cheesy sauce.





It contains not only an amazing garlic taste but also subtle hints of cracked black pepper and basil. I highly recommend Maille Aioli sauce as its great value for money and can be found at most local supermarkets.



--------------------------
Don't forget to follow me


Disclaimer note: The Aioli sauce in this post was compensated by Maille, however all opinions stated were organic and personal to me. The post was in relation to their food bloggers competition. All LuchiaCooks posts are posted based on my own approval, compensation never affects my decision or thoughts. 

6 comments

  1. This looks lovely. I would never have thought of marrying those flavours together. Mel #Mailleflavours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks le coin de mel, it was a recipe I have never tried before but I will definitely be doing it again!

      Delete
  2. You are right Chia this Maille product was fab, full of a great flavour, one definitely for my larder and yes the salmon with cheese was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! They're product is great and super cheap, glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. Let me just tell you - I don't even like salmon and this is making my mouth water (I guess garlic and cheese does it for me too!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Risa that's so kind :) It was absolutely lovely. I've tried loads of crazy ingredients with salmon and some don't work and some really really do! The Cheesy Garlic Salmon was one of the good day's :P

      Delete

Back to Top