<b></b>
Sweet

<b></b>
Savoury

<b></b>
DIYs

Potato Salad At It's Best

I'm a huge fan of summer picnics with delicious sandwiches, tasty treats and salads but not the leafy kind, never will I crave a lettuce.

My mums potato salad is the best I've ever had (and I'm not just saying that to get in her good books, hello mum).


To serve 4 you need...

750g salad or new potatoes
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (I use a light, low-fat type)
1 large red onion
Pinch of salt and black pepper

Optional; 
  • I sometimes fry up a couple rashers of bacon (sliced) to give a crispy texture. 
  • I also add like to add a spring onion or peas/sweetcorn to add more colour


All you need to do is wash your potatoes, stab them with a sharp knife a couple times then pop them into your microwave for about 15-20 minutes or until a knife will slice your potatoes without any force.

Whilst waiting grab your mayo and chop your onion into medium sized pieces.

Once ready, slice your potatoes into quarters, add them into a big bowl with your onions, mayo and seasoning and give it a good old mix.

And you're done, this is easily my favourite kind of salad!


There is always a big bowl of this stuff at any of my family's summer occasions. If you are celebrating why not make a round of my Pimms elderflower slushie too? Both instant crowd pleasers!

What is your picnic food must have?


2 comments

  1. I love a good potato salad. I like to throw in a couple of chopped hard boiled eggs and a squirt of course grain mustard for a little extra zing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top