<b></b>
Sweet

<b></b>
Savoury

<b></b>
DIYs

How to make homemade lemon curd

I absolutely love cooking jams, curds and basically anything you can put in a jar. There is something really lovely about giving edible gifts, and not just your standard brownie or cake, as it's something much more special than a gift voucher or cash.


You may remember last year I took my mum to Bordeaux Quay's patisserie workshop, where we learnt all sorts of amazing things – one being lemon curd! 

I just had to share the recipe as it's so easy to make and SO much better than shop-bought versions.

All you need is:
4 lemons (zest and juice)
200g caster sugar
100g unsalted butter (at room temp)
3 eggs
1 yolk

Method:
1). Add all your eggs (including yolk), lemon juice/zest and sugar into a saucepan over a low heat.

2). Whisk continuously until the mixture thickens – should take between 8-10 minutes.

3). Once thickened, remove from heat and gradually bits of your butter into the mixture, stirring well to melt all of the butter.

4). Repeat step 3 until you've used added all the butter and it has melted into the curd.

5). Pour into a clean container, cover with cling film and place it in your fridge for at least 1 hour. 


The curd is so thick, it's lovely on toast, or as a layer in a sponge cake. You could even try using oranges instead of lemons to make orange curd.

Check out my recipe index for some inspiration, i've got recipes for Ferrero Rochers, Reese's cups and much much more!


--------------------------
Swing by for a natter!

Disclaimer: this post was a collaboration with British Lions Eggs, a food safety standards company. They have lots of interesting information such as how many calories in an egg on their site. I only posts opinions of my own organic approval.



2 comments

  1. I never released how simple it is to make lemon curd, it's one of my favourites!
    I'll definitely be trying this in the new year!
    ♥ Fran - frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fran, tell me about it! Isn't it absolutely brilliant. I'm still on a high from how satisfying it is to make. Make sure to let me know how you get on :) xx

      Delete

Back to Top